Yes, the purple shampoo works on natural blonde hair by toning and reducing yellow or brassy tones. Natural blondes often struggle with maintaining their hair color and keeping it from turning yellowish or brassy over time.
This is where purple shampoo comes in, as it is specially formulated with purple pigment that neutralizes the yellow tones in blonde hair. Purple shampoo can help enhance the natural blonde shade, tone down brassiness, and add shine to the hair. It is effective to use it with care and not overdo it, as excessive use of purple shampoo can lead to a purple hue in hair. We will discuss in detail how purple shampoo works, how to use it properly, and some of the best purple shampoos available in the market for blonde hair.
Understanding The Science Behind Purple Shampoo
Natural blondes often struggle with brassiness, which is the appearance of unwanted warm, yellow-orange tones in their hair. This can be caused by factors such as exposure to sunlight, heat styling, and hair products. Fortunately, purple shampoo can help tone down brassiness and restore your hair’s cool, ashy tones.
What Causes Brassiness In Blonde Hair?
Before we dive into how purple shampoo works, let’s first understand what causes brassiness in blonde hair.
- Exposure to sunlight and harsh environmental elements
- Use of heat styling tools such as curling irons and flat irons
- Use of hair products that contain sulfates and other harsh ingredients
- The buildup of minerals from hard water
All of these factors can strip the hair of its natural cool tones and leave it looking brassy.
How Does Purple Shampoo Work To Combat Brassiness?
Purple shampoo works based on the principles of color theory. Purple is the opposite of yellow on the color wheel, so when it is applied to yellow or brassy tones in hair, it neutralizes them and restores the hair’s natural cool tones.
- The purple shampoo contains violet pigments that penetrate the hair shaft and neutralize brassy and yellow tones.
- When used regularly, purple shampoo can help maintain your hair’s cool tones and prevent brassiness from returning.
- However, it’s important to note that purple shampoo should not be overused as it can lead to a bluish or grayish tint in your hair.
The Role Of Purple Pigments In Purple Shampoo
The purple pigments in purple shampoo are essential to its effectiveness in combating brassiness.
- The concentration of purple pigments in a purple shampoo determines how effective it is in toning down brassiness.
- Purple shampoos with less pigmentation work better for light blonde hair while those with higher pigmentation work better for darker blonde hair.
- When selecting a purple shampoo, be sure to read the label and choose one that is specifically formulated for your hair type and color.
Effectiveness Of Purple Shampoo On Natural Blonde Hair
Does purple shampoo work on natural blonde hair? If you’re a natural blonde, you’ve probably heard of purple shampoo. This product’s effectiveness can be quite confusing, especially when you’re using it for the very first time. But fear not! We’re here to guide you through the key factors that affect the use of purple shampoo on natural blonde hair, as well as its benefits and results.
Factors Affecting The Use Of Purple Shampoo On Natural Blonde Hair
Before you buy and use a purple shampoo on your natural blonde hair, it’s essential to understand the factors that affect its use.
- Hair porosity: the ability of hair to absorb and retain moisture plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of purple shampoo. Hair with high porosity absorbs the purple pigment more easily than hair with low porosity.
- Hair texture: the texture of your hair can also affect the use of purple shampoo. Coarse hair, for example, may require more regular use compared to fine hair.
- Frequency of use: overusing purple shampoo can lead to brassiness, so it’s crucial to know how often to use it. In most cases, once a week is enough.
- Product quality: the quality of the purple shampoo used is also a crucial factor to consider. High-quality products tend to be more effective and longer-lasting.
Related: Can Purple Shampoo Cause Hair Loss?
Benefits Of Using Purple Shampoo On Natural Blonde Hair
Using purple shampoo on natural blonde hair has numerous benefits.
- Eliminating brassiness: the pigments in purple shampoo neutralize the yellow and orange tones in your hair, eliminating any brassiness.
- Brightening hair color: purple shampoo brightens blonde hair by giving it a cooler tone that enhances the natural color of your hair.
- Long-lasting results: with regular use, purple shampoo can help maintain your blonde hair color for longer periods.
Results Of Using Purple Shampoo On Natural Blonde Hair
Regular use of purple shampoo brings about various results.
- Enhanced shine: purple shampoo enhances the shine in your hair, giving it a sleek, lustrous look.
- Reduced brassiness: regular use of purple shampoo can help reduce brassiness and ensure your blonde hair stays vibrant and healthy.
- Smooth and silky hair: purple shampoo also helps in keeping your hair smooth and silky, giving it a silky and shiny feel.
Purple shampoo can be highly effective for natural blondes when used correctly. However, it’s crucial to understand the factors affecting the use of purple shampoo and the benefits and results of using this product. With proper care and regular use, you can achieve your desired results and keep your natural blonde hair looking and feeling healthy and vibrant all year round.
Frequently Asked Questions On Does Purple Shampoo Work On Natural Blonde Hair?
1: Can I use purple shampoo every day?
Using it once or twice a week is sufficient to maintain the cool undertones of your blonde hair.
2. Is Using Purple Shampoo Necessary For Natural Blonde Hair?
Using purple shampoo is not necessary for all-natural blonde hair types. However, if you notice yellow or brassy tones in your hair, using purple shampoo can help restore the natural brightness of your blonde hair.
3. Can Purple Shampoo Damage Natural Blonde Hair?
No, purple shampoo does not damage natural blonde hair. It is a gentle hair care product that serves to enhance the natural color and prevent damage caused by UV rays and hard water.
4. How Often Should I Use Purple Shampoo On My Natural Blonde Hair?
The frequency of using purple shampoo on natural blonde hair will depend on your hair type and how frequently you wash your hair. It is recommended to use the purple shampoo once or twice a week to avoid over-toning.
5. Will Purple Shampoo Work On Other Hair Colors Beside Blonde?
No, purple shampoo is formulated specifically for blonde hair to neutralize yellow or brassy tones. It will not be effective on other hair colors.
Purple shampoo is a highly effective tool for natural blondes seeking to enhance and maintain their hair color. The science behind purple shampoo is clear; it is formulated to neutralize brassiness and yellow tones that can occur in blonde hair over time.
When used consistently, and in conjunction with hair conditioning treatments, purple shampoo can promote healthy, shiny, and radiant blonde hair. As with any hair care routine, it is important to find the right type of shampoo for your specific hair type and to follow the instructions carefully.
Remember to also take care of your hair from the inside out by maintaining a healthy diet, staying hydrated, and protecting your hair from harsh environmental factors. Overall, using purple shampoo on natural blonde hair is a valuable investment, helping you achieve the best possible results for your luscious locks!